Monday, April 10, 2006

Give it to me now

When I got home tonight, after nine hours of unadulterated social working, preceded by three nights of going out and acting like I was 20 rather than 30, accompanied by various aforementioned dental-, podiatric- and intestinal-issues, the only thing I could imagine doing was laying on the couch to die, or perhaps to sit through my third attempt at Flight Plan.

But then we got a postcard in the mail. From UPS. Stating that there was an unclaimed Crate & Barrel package waiting for us.

So now I'm headed back outside, my eyes half shut, my muscles aching, to trek ten street-blocks south and two avenue-blocks west to pick up my package.

Because, having tasted of the fruit of the gift registry, I find myself now motivated by one thing and one thing alone: Greed.

Pure and simple and unmitigated greed.

And I want a goose that lays gold eggs for Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites