Thursday, August 04, 2005

Addenda

Two items:

1. "Annie's Song" came on my I-Pod this afternoon on the way home from work and I had totally forgotten that I had kind of considered incorporating it into the wedding somehow, because I find it to be an incredibly romantic song and it always makes me a little verklempt and wistful. I listened to it three times, and got misty at the same point each time. My enthusiasm is only mitigated by the fact(s) that:

a) it is a John Denver song, and therefore carries an automatic hippy dippy lovechild I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing vibe with it;

b) our friends the K-R's got married last Fall and one of their friends sang Annie's Song at their pre-wedding talent show...as a spoof...and everyone laughed...because...how insane to have Annie's Song at a wedding;

c) it may push my FabuLash(TM) mascara past the breaking point.


2. My mother and M. are now both of the mindset that lobsters do not a clean and enjoyable wedding reception make. My first reaction was to decompensate and revert to my inner child and suggest to my mother that, since she and M. are in such agreement about so many aspects of this wedding (no lobsters, no small children), perhaps they should plan it together. But really, once I remembered my earlier decision to be conscious about my relationships, I started to see the logic. My mother also threw out the tantalizing detail that it would lop $120 worth of lobster crackers off the $6000 tent bill.

Oh and also,

3. Ever since I wrote about back acne, I am obsessed with the fear that people will conjure up all these horrific images of my back. It's not that bad, really, just a few blemishes, and it's only because of the heat and my baseline level of heightened stress and anxiety. I swear. I can feel it clearing up even as I write this. There, *poof* - - gone!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once got acne on my acne.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please use it. It wasn't done as a spoof, I sang it at her wedding with her husband and she sang it at mine because we both love JD so much.I think people were laughing at the guy playing the nose harp as accompaniment. Or maybe they were laughing at the song, but who cares it's a perfect wedding song.
The relationship the song is written about (his first wife Annie) ended horribly. Many drunken, violent fights. The most famous story ends with him sawing their dining room table in half with a chain saw in an attempt to 'split' their assets.
You should totally use this song.-R

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i adore this song and listen to it weekly on my ipod.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

R + MK, thank you for the validation - - R, I will let you know when I find a harpist so you can start practicing.

Faustus, I actually know that, did I imply otherwise? Teacher's pet?

Roy, yikes.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo loving your posts sooo much!!!

Roy

www.xanga.com/wehoroy

7:39 PM  
Blogger ridiculous said...

i heard hummus is good for bacne

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites