Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Love is a Battlefield

Two nights ago, M. and I got in a big (door slammin', "fuck you"-in', foot stompin') old fight because we are both stubborn and defensive.

This morning, M. and I got in a big (foot stompin', eye rollin', under-our-breath mutterin') old fight because we are both stubborn, defensive and (literally) deaf.

So I immediately went into the usual panic mode of Holy Shit This Is The Way It's Always Going To Be, We're Too Different, Lord Help Us If We Even Make It To The June 24th Bouillion Spoon Clambake.

And was totally hating on M..

But then....he sent me a really sweet text message which I got right before a really crazy family meeting, and then....he sent me a really sweet email which I got right after a really crazy family meeting....and then I got home and watched the Scott Thompson gay wedding show on Logo while I ate my Big Mac meal, and it was two young guys getting married, and I laid on the couch making the cry-y face with tears rolling down my cheeks because it was just all so sweet and romantic and self-affirming, and then I started imagining our wedding and our vows and our buffet and that's when I really started crying, and now I am anxiously waiting for M. to get home from work because I am once again desperately in love with him.

The morals of the story:

1. Even when it seems like the love is gone, it always comes back, unless it's not meant to be, but that's for another blog.

2. New-fangled technology is not all bad.

3. McDonald's and Gay Cable, when consumed in measured dosages, can be healthy and life-affirming.

Oh, and 4. Just because you used to watch A Wedding Story on TLC religiously during college and cried during each and every episode, but then went gay and had a little more trouble relating, does not mean you will never find a reasonable and equal replacement.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're the fights where you just roll your eyes, grit your teeth, and keep washing dishes that are dangerous, if only because they cause wrinkles.

And I never watched the straight version of the wedding show 'cause something about their behavior felt so compulsory... or maybe just conformist. Either way, I expect a divorce show is in production (or is that the subtext of Fear Factor?).

But now, I also cry when Scott Thompson wraps boys in plaid and sends them down the aisle! "He's my husband! He's not my boyfriend anymore!" I feel it.

LoGo is fabulous and I love 'working' at home.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i recently started reading your blog... and have been back every day in the past week ... but today's entry really hit home... i had such fight last night... i hit the roof over ice cubes ... well it is really and usually hot.... and i was an ass ... ok... my bf and i both went to "Holy Shit This Is The Way It's Always Going To Be, We're Too Different, Lord Help Us If We Even Make It" .... sometimes it's just nice to know your not alone... and i too... weep while whiching those sappy gay weddings while my bf laughs at me... but all in all ... i love him to the core of my being.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

Totally cried during the husband-not-my-boyfriend bit. Also during the vows. And when the grandmother stopped talking to him.

And Donn., thank you for the kind words, please continue to come back so that can continue my quest to have more Readers I've Never Met than Readers I Sleep and/or Went to School With.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites