Wednesday, October 19, 2005

An Unpaid Advertisement, Part II, and an open plea for magnetic printing supplies

Work this week has been, in a word, chaotic, leaving me with little mental and/or emotional energy to devote to and/or obsess about nuptial details - - except, if anyone knows where one might find magnetic printer-paper in Manhattan, I'd appreciate the referral - - but I do feel compelled to share my latest non-wedding-related obsession. Kind of a little torn when it comes to the issue of outing, but maybe not so much when it comes to the self-haters.

Come to think of it, there is one teensy bit of wedding minutiae, which is that I just got off the phone with my mother - - who is now with my father in mid-Atlantic Florida, which will seemingly be spared of anything too horrific, but this fact does little to assuage my penchant for mental grimacing - - and she has sent me a list of potential wedding invitees. In the regular mail, as opposed to email, which I am quite certain was part of her ongoing efforts at Avoiding the Gay Wedding Elephant in the Room where my dad is concerned.

Anyways, she tells me she's divided the list into A-, B- and C-listers, which gives me simultaneous pause for delight at the clear genetic origins of my knack for creative organization, pause for concern that she has been watching too much My SuperSweet 16, and pause for terror at how we're going to fit fifty of her friends at a table for ten.

Finally, the best part about a publicly-accessible blog is that I can write about things like the impending wedding guest list/novella we're due to receive from my mother in the mail, rather than tell M. about it in person, and if he arrives home to find aforementioned list blocking the front entryway and half of the kitchen....well, it's not like it wasn't written right there in my publicly-accessible blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Veruca Salt said...

My SuperSweet 16 is the worst show on television (barely beating out "Next") but I hope you have ponies at the wedding like the girl did on one episode of the worst show on tv... or were they stallions?

Will you be having a velvet rope to divide the A-listers from the rest of the rifraf?

did I spell rifraf wrong? Is there a correct spelling of that?

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your mom is too much! i'm in love!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

I think they were stallions. And I think it's riff-raff. Not that the riff-raff really care. Because they're riff-raff.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites