Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Philadelphia

Here are some photos from our weekend trip to Philadelphia, which - despite a decidedly rural gay scene - we really really liked. Maybe enough to move there someday soon. But probably not enough to move there whilst still planning our impending nuptials.

Which, by the way, will hopefully be advanced one step further the weekend after next, when we will meet with one overpriced caterer and one that we have a good feeling about. The other two are evidently too busy to meet with two young and frivolous gays with (somewhat) disposable (parental) income.

And, rest assured, we're bringing my mother. I think she's more than a little excited about this.

Anyways, some photos:


Philadelphia: where the streets have trees....


....and you, too, can own a row house....


....or a real house ten minutes outside of the city....


....which might be considered preferable, given the city dwellers' penchant for Glass Brick. Seriously, everywhere.


The view from the art museum, where Rocky ran up the stairs and did the jumping thing. And then, three decades later, so did everyone else and their heeeesterical friends.


A kinky enema fetish sculpture with running water. Outside of a TGIF.


The fine art of the self-portrait I: Two loving brothers in the city of brotherly love.


The fine art of the self-portrait II: Two loving brothers in front of the city of brotherly love.



And finally, the fine art of the self-portrait III - or, What M. and I are Willing to Endure to Get the Perfect Self-Portrait - or, Please Steal Our Digital Camera:





5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Did you notice, though, how eerily quiet downtown Philly is? A bustling metropolis should be loud and irritating, I say.

And that transcript from Scott McLellan almost made me throw my cocktail against the wall. Damn.

11:05 PM  
Blogger g said...

Ah, Philadelphia! My old stomping grounds... I lived there before I came to NYC, and it's really quaint for an urban environment. If you ever tire of Manhattan, Philly is a lovely place to live. You can get it all under your thumb in one day, and the standard of living is considerably higher than Manhattan. Of course, it's smaller & quieter, but sometimes it's nice to walk down the street & recognize three people on one block. I recommend living in the Olde City neighborhood, or, if you go suburban, West Chester or Downingtown. Cheers to your weekend getaway! Looks like it was lots of fun. Did you happen to visit Elvira's staircase in Manayunk?

3:38 AM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

Yeah, M. thought it was kind of quiet there too. I guess I did as well, but I kind of thought it was a nice change.

Didn't see Elvira's staircase, did see Woody's. A little bit yikes.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when will the "GROOMZILLA(tm)" super-secret disguises become commercially available? i need to get me one of those...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

I will be seliing them at Big Lots as soon as I get the copywrite figured out.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites