Sunday, August 28, 2005

I won something I won something!

I won the what-do-you-call-your-"friends"-who-write-other-blogs contest over at One Child Left Behind. And there is an actual cash prize. Which, now that I have won, I of course feel more than a little bit funny accepting. Like the time I beat my niece at Candyland and walked away with her Barbie collection.

Just the feeling of being a champion is enough, really.

In other news, M. and I went to Fire Island yesterday with RJ and Lance and Aunt Sassy, and it was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Even the usual Chelsea Muscle Puffs weren't so so bad.

Ah, summer.....how ye flee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Groomzilla, I have made a $20 contribution to Mass Equality in your honor.

Dear Brandon,

Thank you for your generous gift of $20 to MassEquality. It couldn't come at a better time.

We are gearing up for the Constitutional Convention which threatens to strip away equal marriage rights. Today, we sit on the cusp of history -- the history of equality and fairness. Your contribution makes you a valuable part of our campaign to preserve equal marriage rights. Thank you for helping to protect the thousands of families who have experienced the security of marriage for the first time in their lives.Marty Rouse
Campaign Director

Due to the political nature of our work, contributions or gifts to MassEquality.org are not tax deductible.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

Thanks, Brando, this puts my conscience at ease and makes me feel, in a vicarious way, that I have somehow benefitted society through sheer wasting of time. Seriously, though - - thanks.

7:03 PM  
Blogger g said...

When Miss Marisol & I work together on Sunday nights, as we unwind from the chaos of each weekend, we have a cocktail or glass of wine with our customers & sort out the world's problems. Last week, we toasted our e-migo, Matt, in congratulations of his newfound employment. Tonight, we'll raise our glasses to you & to the fading of summer into autumnal malaise.

Cheers, e-migo!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Cheers to you, Groomzilla, my emigo. And, if I ever run into you, I'll buy you a drink as yet another prize.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites