Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A nice night, a bad dream, and a forgettable film; or Nothing to do with my wedding

If my life in Manhattan could consist solely of nights like last night, when M. and I and my friend Miriam and her boyfriend Willy* took some pillows and candles and sat up on our roof and drank beer and ate Thai food in the lovely cool summer air.........then I might consider staying here.

In other news, I had a dream last night that there was this scary wolf in the backyard of the house where I grew up, and it looked like it had been caught in an oil slick and it was all skinny and kind of writhing around on the ground. And then there was a smaller animal in the same predicament, and the wolf was eating it, and then there was a bear who was again in the same predicamant, and he was eating the wolf, and then they all dragged each other into a cave that didn't exist in my backyard. I'm still at a loss for an interpretation, except that maybe too much Pad See Eil and Sapporo and swedish fish leads to some crazy ass dreams.

Also, we finally watched Alexander the other night, which is one of the three Netflix DVDs that have been sitting on our TV for the past month (making them about 7 bucks per DVD and negating the purported financial benefits of Netflix), and did you know that people used to ride camels into battle like they do horses? Other than that, the movie was....uhh...well...errr....did I mention the battle camels? Oh, and Colin Farrel's tee-tees?

*NOTE: in the interest of originality, or rebellion, or boredom, you will notice that friends and others will now be referred to by monikers rather than initials. I hope to find that by putting a name with the face, I will stop hiding them in my basement well while Precious and I size them up for a slipcover.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

okay seriously...is it legal for someone to be as hilarious a writer as you?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites