Monday, August 22, 2005

So Sue Me

Well those resolutions didn't go very well.

I did manage to Swiffer(TM) the living room, and got through half of the front section of the New York Times, but didn't even have a chance to sort through any tawdriness, when our friends RJ and Lance called and then Lance wanted to go sit outside on the Christopher Street piers, and I'm never one to turn down an opportunity for that Bearfest - - still muggier than I'd hoped it would be out there today, but Lance did make me feel better by asserting that most of the really muscley guys were Steroid-enhanced - - and then by the time I got home it was 4:30, and then I opened up an email from one of our caterers quoting our reception at $18K and our casual Friday night BBQ at $5K, so of course M. and I had to drop everything and ruminate about it for two hours and knock off the figs stuffed with goat cheese and the nicoise salad and come up with an Excel spreadsheet for beer, wine and liquor, and then it was time to run downtown to RJ and Lance's for Thai food, and when we got home we had to watch the DVR of the series finale of Six Feet Under (still crying), and now I'm anxious about the wedding budget and sad about the Fisher family and tired from all the sun and the Brooklyn lager, and the FUCKING NOVELLETTE IS JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEKEND.

Unless we go to Fire Island.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, tis the boy from down under again, just wondering WHEN is this wedding scheduled? kus uve been goin on about it for yonks! and i mite be coming to USA in dec-jan kus apparently its got a really good atmosphere and more gay ppl than str8 ones! lol.. well i better get back to my speech on 'org change and development'
hope u dont get charged too much for the catering. :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger g said...

Go to the beach, kiddo! You've got all winter long to huddle up indoors, working on the novel.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to TiVo the show as well, but of course I get to Urge last night where the entire bar is in tears watching the last 15 minutes. Of course I couldn't turn away, and afterwards both the bartender and I had trouble with my vodka tonic transaction due to severe shakes. I'm going to watch it this evening and I'm going to cry for three days.

Also, yes, go to the beach! Your novel/la/lette should not have to compete with the dog days of summmer.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its winter here in australia

10:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

yes, i think fire island is the perfect place to contemplate liquor budgets. i think they teach courses on that there.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

Thank you for your support(s), I am happy to say that I have successfully avoided any sort of novelette progress since (or before) Sunday.

Daniel, thank you for the update.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites