Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Good news Bad news

The good news is, my Great Big Social Work Brouhaha has resulted in a letter to the editor which should be published in this week's NY Times magazine, in which a Very Important Person covers her ass mends her ways and pontificates on the glories of social workers in end-of-life care. The bad news is, I have developed severe bowel obstruction and hives during the last two days. The better news is, the bowels are clearing up and the hives are now only in my throat. Seriously, I can feel them.

The second good news is that M. finally has an I-Pod, which I gave him last night after months of feeling badly that I Had One and He Did Not. It feels good to give surprise presents. The bad news is that, immediately upon purchasing said I-Pod, I began to wonder when M. would get mugged for it on the subway, or hit by a meat-truck while crossing 8th Avenue listening to Kelly Clarkson at full volume.

The final good news is that I am taking Friday off - - only my second day off in five months - - and we are going up to New Hampshire tomorrow night to see M.'s family. The bad news is...Peter Pan/Greyhound...which I vowed never to take again after some nut stood up in the front of the bus on my way down to DC for Y2K and started reading from the Book of Revelations and I really thought our bus was going to explode or fly off a bridge or get sucked into the fiery pits of Hell. At which point I switched to Fung Wah, but then there was last Columbus Day weekend when we waited for three hours in the pouring rain and the crazy bus people starting fighting and pushing and shoving and screaming, and then took their wet socks off when we finally got on the bus, and then opened up their stinky Columbus Day Cookout leftovers. At which point I vowed never to take any bus ever again...and yet, here I am, taking the bus. Again.

3 Comments:

Blogger ridiculous said...

heh heh....you said 'meat truck'...

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna get a ipod too, but here in australia theyre quite expensive, did u get the mini ipods or the big ones, or the color ones and how much were they. Lol i love ure blog, its hilarious. As a single 19 yr old gay male in australia who is not out yet, ure blog is like the only thing i have to base the gay life off. take care
oh and i hope ure M is safe

11:06 AM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

Daniel, I fear for your future having me as your only gay role model, but I appreciate the honor nonetheless. Don't bother with the I-Pod, they completely isolate you socially and then you'll never meet a boy cute enough to come out of the closet for.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites