Monday, July 11, 2005

Minutiae

Motherfrick. I just wrote a gynormous posting detailing my latest internal hemorrhages about the wedding, and then it went bye bye.

In a nutshell:

1. I watched the new Scott Thompson show on Logo last night, where he sets up gay (canadian) weddings in 2 weeks, and at first it was nice but then I thought, in another nutshell, "Wait what the fuck are we thinking, putting ourselves through the potential awkwardness and misery of a gay wedding in front of my parents and siblings when they have yet to even see M. and I hold hands, let alone kiss and dance and express our lifelong commitment to one another in matching suits, and maybe I'm more of an internalized homophobe than I thought because the thought of standing up there in front of everyone forces my mouth into an uncontrollably clench-teethed grimace falling somewhere between Lon Cheney and The Scream, and how are we even going to choose between Myrtle's Catering and Sal's Clams let alone figure out what to wear and who to invite and where they'll stay and WHAT IF THEY ALL LAUGH AT US........????"

Then the brides on the show had a happy ending and I got distracted by my ironing and felt better and went to bed.

2. Then I lay in bed staring at the ceiling for forty-five minutes listening to my pulse race and it was there and then that I figured it out: of course the cute tavern at the Other Inn would be so much better for the Friday night talent show than the tent at Our Inn, which we really have only been thinking about because we'll have already paid for the grounds for the weekend, and when it comes to Pre-Wedding Talent Show location scouting, really, finances shouldn't be the deciding factor, should they? Then I waited for Matt to wake up, which he did eventually, screaming in terror because my face was two inches away from his to better direct my Wake Up vibes into his brain, and I excitedly told him about my brainstorm, but he told me we'd discuss it in the morn-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

3. Then I just got off the phone with my mom, where we had one of the best and most enjoyable and least routine conversations we've had in a long time, and in between discussing the perils of grilling salmon indoors and my brother's crazy ex-wife's new boyfriend, she totally pledged 10 grand for the Big Day, maybe even more since she was kind of vague with the numbers. So together, she and I will be ensuring that Daddy-o "participates."

4. Finally, here is one of the photos Our Inn just sent us on a CD, along with a request for a $1400 deposit, illustrating one of the cutie rooms where one of my Lucky Readers will perhaps be resting their Lucky Heads:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites