Thursday, July 07, 2005

A nice email

I thought I'd put a lid on the sardonic wit today and share an email I got from my sister-in-law, which made me happy on many levels. The reference to my sister is a long story, nothing serious, just an email she sent in response to my initial email where she tried to be funny but ended up sounding inappropriate and dumb. Again, long story. But my sister-in-law's email kind of made my day:



Subject: Re: save the date
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:37:16 -0400
To: "Groomzilla"


Hi,
Your wedding plans sound fabulous. I was with your mom this weekend
and she told me all about the Inn. It sounds like you guys lucked out
- on-line searches can be fruitful! We were wondering about making
reservations, your mom said there were places near the Inn that might
be better for kids?? What do you suggest? We just want to get a room
before they fill up! Oh, of course we will all be there. We're so
happy for you both. Your mom seems to be becoming your champion -
you'd be very proud of her and how she feels about your marriage. I
know there's not the same feeling eminating from your dad, but, I am of
the mind that he's going to come around (I am an optimistic person you
know). He has softened in the last few years, and he does have time.
Your sister's reply is disturbing, I'm sorry you have to deal with
that. I won't say anything more. Just know that we love you and M.,
we're so happy that you've found each other. Married life is good.
xxook

On Jun 29, 2005, at 8:45 PM, Groomzilla wrote:>
So M. and I and M.'s mother and Mom took a trip to Provincetown and Wellfleet last weekend, and we found a place for our ceremony and it's going to be the weekend of June 23rd-25th, 2006......so please mark that in your calendars and I hope everyone can make it. Children are by all means welcome, but if you think you'd have more fun without, that's fine too. For children who do attend, I will be holding a Friday night workshop entitled "Why are Uncle P and M Kissing?" Or feel free to hold your own before then. Can't wait!!! xoxoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites