Monday, August 07, 2006

A Mother's Shame; or, Chicken Pots at the Point




Yes, clearly (or not so much, as the case may be), I need one of those newfangled telephoto lens.

They're just so hard to discreetly whip out in the middle of a Williams-Sonoma semi-annual sale to, say, take a picture of, perhaps, a chicken pot whose asking price has now been reduced by, hypothetically, 75%.





I blame myself, for focusing 110-percent of my energies on keeping my new marriage afloat while clearly neglecting the rest of my family to the point where their only source of empowerment comes through discount self-marketing.

But at least now she has a mommy and a daddy to come home to in the middle of the night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a black matte-finished model right beside it asking you to bring it home and complete the pair?

11:37 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Oh. Really??? Damn, why won't my house sell? I miss my shopping habit. I saddly didn't even know it was the WS sale time. Gah.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Groomzilla said...

I believe the black matte-finished one had your name on it.

Just think of the poor unemployed indigent cast iron chicken pot makers, forced to find work in skillet and griddle factories. Think of them, and try to sleep tonight.

Re: the house, have you brought it down to $49.99 yet? Didn't think so.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites