Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Who do I have to blow?

So I thought I'd gotten past the emotional hurt of being jilted by the New York Times Weddings & Celebrations section....that is, until I just checked out this past weekend's W&C list and found three homo couplings, none of whom had anywhere near as interesting of a summary statement as we did. Closer analysis reveals that M. and I were lacking in three critical areas:


1. We are not members of the elite New York City intellectual/academic/artistic royalty. In other words, Daddy didn't used to run B.A.M.

2. We aren't former writers for the New York Times. In their 70's. Who've been together for 40+ years. And had to travel all the way to Canada just to get a little legal validation of their relationship. OK, this one kind of makes me want to cry, but...I mean, whatever.

3. We're not 20-something lesbian schoolteachers with no societal clout whatsoever who just happened to have been smart enough to get married in a month when nobody else in their right mind would consider getting married.

Between this and my Modern Love submission last year, this is twice that I've been burned by the NYT. Shame on me. Shame. On. Me.

This is the kind of cockadoodle they choose to print instead -- once again, by a published author.

I've turned into a very bitter kind of woman.

I need to go finish that novel in time for the birth announcement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dewey Dismal said...

seriously, who need to get married at 71 and 75 years old.
What a crock.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it'll make you feel better, you can make fun of the people who do get their announcements printed: nytimesweddings.blogspot.com

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites