Monday, July 31, 2006

Just watch me

I've been struggling.

With a lot of things, really, but relevant here is my struggle with What to Write and When to Write and How to Write in a weblog which started out as a means to an end -- namely, facilitation of pre-wedding coping -- which has now come and gone in a flurry of paper lanterns and vellum.

For instance, in the past week I've been tempted to write about topics ranging from a disturbing dream about a talking cat, to my trip to the National Portrait Gallery, to the circuitous routes taken by discount busdrivers, to the effect of the weather on my personal hygiene.

The overarching connection between all of these potential posts is that they teeter dangerously atop the precarious perch of Boring and/or Unnecessary and/or Inappropriate.

The last thing I need is for my weblog to become the Master of Me, rather than vice versa. There are more than enough forces in the world jockeying for that position.

So I decided, propped stiffly upright in my discount Chinatown bus seat last night, that I am going to choose a Healthier Path and not worry about it. I'll post when I post.

This will have the doubly delicious effect of protecting an unsuspecting public from undeserved harm at the hands of my Need to Share, while also freeing up my mental and emotional energy for more immediate concerns such as staring at the wall, catching up on America's Got Talent and, perhaps, finishing that novel.

Fly, little birds.

2 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Ah, Groomzilla, I hardly knew ya ;-). Enjoy the catch up time and wall staring...

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering about this very thing.

But the fact is you've posted about everything from bac(k)ne to your evening commute and we're still reading. So you're stuck blogging.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites