Wednesday, June 29, 2005

O Canada

In the course of my daily Metro free newspaper news briefing from 49th St. to 59th and Lexington this morning, I learned that Canada has officially legalized gay marriage, making it one of only three countries worldwide to offer equal marriage rights to The Gays.

And sometime last week, I learned that actually, no, M. and I cannot legally get married in Massachusetts, as Governor Mitt Romney - - whom I would add to my Official List of Mean People I Hate if I knew how to create that on here - - has unearthed some old law that says that any marriage that wouldn't be recognized in one's home state will not be recognized in Massachusetts. The legality isn't what made us decide on Massachusetts, but a little officiality sounded kind of nice.

The good news is that we are now free to get married on a spaceship in our underwear by the innkeepers' dog, or by this enormous baby, or whatever we want.

Because Being Gay is, if nothing else, about freedom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in your blogs.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites