Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm a (Yankee Doodle) Dandy


Happy Belated 4th of July. This is a holiday which holds special significance for me, as it is the day which happened to coincide with my Big Coming Out to the parents way back in 2000.




To think, it was just five short years ago that I made my mother cry and my siblings question my decision and my father declare his intent to pray for my conversion. And now I'm engaged to be married to another man, and my mother stopped crying weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure my siblings are starting to buy the fact that this is For Keeps, and sure the Conscientious Objector is still praying for a miracle but I'm starting to think he's going at it in more of a half-assed kind of way. He did, after all, attend the shotgun backyard wedding of my brother's second wife's daughter from her first marriage over the weekend, which really doesn't leave him much wiggle room as far as his attendance at my own nuptials is concerned.

It does, however, leave ample room for M. and I to decide if we want an ice luge of our own:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

groomzillas online Personal Blog Top Sites